William Troost-Ekong is a professional footballer who plays as a centre-back for PAOK Thessaloniki in Greece and the Nigeria national team.
He was born in the Netherlands to a Dutch mother and a Nigerian father, and he has represented both countries at youth levels before choosing to play for Nigeria in 2015.
He has won a bronze medal at the 2016 Olympics and a bronze medal at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations with Nigeria. He has also played for clubs in England, Italy, Turkey, and Norway.
William Troost Ekong Early Life and Education
William Troost Ekong was born on September 1, 1993 in Haarlem, Netherlands to a Dutch mother and a Nigerian father.
He grew up in England and attended Hockerill Anglo-European College in Bishop’s Stortford for secondary school. He played football at the youth level for Fulham and Tottenham Hotspur in England.
William Troost Ekong Career
William Troost Ekong is a professional Nigerian footballer who plays as a centre-back for PAOK Thessaloniki in Greece and the Nigeria national team. He has won a bronze medal at the 2016 Olympics and a bronze medal at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations with Nigeria. He has also played for clubs in England, Italy, Turkey, and Norway.
Here is a summary of his club career:
- He started his senior career in the Netherlands with FC Groningen and FC Dordrecht.
- He signed for Belgian club KAA Gent in July 2015 and was immediately loaned out to Norwegian club FK Haugesund.
- In July 2017, he signed for Turkish Süper Lig club Bursaspor.
- – On 17 August 2018, he joined Italian Serie A club Udinese.
- On 29 September 2020, he signed for EFL Championship side Watford on a five-year contract deal.
- On 24 January 2023, he signed for Serie A club Salernitana on a loan with the option to buy at the end of the season.
- On 4 July 2023, he signed for Super League Greece club PAOK Thessaloniki.
William Troost Ekong Wife and Child
William Troost Ekong is a married man. He married his long-time girlfriend, Bambi, in a private ceremony in London on October 17, 2021. They have been dating since 2014 and have a son named Oscar, who was born on July 24, 2018. Bambi is a Nigerian businesswoman and the couple lives in England.
William Troost Ekong Net Worth
William Troost Ekong’s net worth is estimated to be around $5 million. He earns most of his income from his football career, including contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements.
William Troost Ekong Market Value
Troost Ekong’s market value as of December 2023 was €2.00 million.
William Troost Ekong Social Media Handles
William Troost Ekong is very active on social media. He has verified accounts on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, where he shares photos and updates about his football career and personal life.
- Instagram: @wtroostekong
- Twitter: @WTroostEkong
- Facebook: William Troost-Ekong